> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Civil Litigation > i california , I filed a complaint the defendant never filed a response but did appear in court. the judge ruled in my favor, now what?

i california , I filed a complaint the defendant never filed a response but did appear in court. the judge ruled in my favor, now what?

1 Answers. Asked on Nov 04th, 2012 on Civil Litigation - California
More details to this question:
now I have an osc to file for default, but a quiet title is part of my complaint. so an entry of default is not permitted. since the defendant showed up to court, was sworn in and made testemony, is a default needed? the case is over the title to a car, I have the car in my posession but the defendant illegally changed the title to her name in an attempt to gain posession of the car. the judge rulled in my favor and granted an elisor to put the title back in my name but he case is still sort of pending because the defendant never filed a response. do I dismiss ? with or without predijuce? quiet title is part of the complaint so default entry wont happen. or is there something else I can do?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Licenced in CT
Answered on Nov 07th, 2012 at 1:41 PM

If you dismiss the case, you will get none of the relief you want. You need a final judgment. See an attorney to make sure that your interests are protected.

Report Abuse
Civil Litigation
Disagreements happen, and if the parties to a dispute cannot reach a mutually agreeable solution, then they may have to turn to the courts for help resolving their disagreement. Civil litigation can be used to resolve all sorts of conflicts, from personal injury cases to contract disputes, from disagreements between neighbors to contested wills. But don't head to court on your own. Whether you're an individual or a small business, defendant or plaintiff, you need the advice and guidance of a litigator who has experience with all aspects of civil litigation. Your attorney can prepare and file the lawsuit while continuing to try to negotiate an out-of-court settlement. And if the disagreement can't be resolved amicably, your lawyer can work with you to develop a strategy, represent you in court and advocate on your behalf during the civil trial.
Have an Civil Litigation Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Wendy Rebecca Barlow

Attorney - New York

617 Answers, 1 Legal Topics

Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

175 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

152 Answers, 38 Legal Topics

Richard Samuel Price

Attorney - California

125 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

90 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

84 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Cindy S. Vova

Attorney - Florida

82 Answers, 5 Legal Topics

Civil Litigation Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums